Thursday, January 2, 2014

Green Juice Smoothie in a Blender

Green Juice Smoothie in a Blender Recipe || Tastes so Good Blog
2013 was a year of overindulgence for me. I'll admit to not keeping the best eating habits, drinking too much and not exercising enough. In the weeks since Thanksgiving, all we've done at my house is eat candy, cookies, Rice Krispie treats, and drink eggnog, (and lots of coffee.) So, like everyone else in the world we needed a little detox from the countless cups of coffee and spiked eggnog, at least for the rest of the week... because who am I kidding?

  I made this quick green juice smoothie in our blender, (we don't have a juicer) you can pass the juice through a sieve if you'd like for it to be pulp free, but we didn't do that because you loose a lot of the fiber when you eliminate the pulp. We sucked these babies down in about 2 minutes, and even Emma was slurping it up. I plan to experiment with other fruit and veggie combinations, maybe a more savory combination, let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions for diverse ingredients, maybe ginger, kale, I'm also thinking of adding some flax or chia seeds. I welcome any and all help please and thank you!


Green Juice Smoothie in a Blender
serves 2


Ingredients

2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
1 green apple, cored and chopped into 1 inch pieces
1/2 banana, cut into 2 pieces
1 cup chopped pineapple, core removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup coconut water
Ice

Instructions

Puree ingredients in a blender until smooth, pour into glasses, serve.

*photo by me

2 comments:

  1. I have read your post, it was very helpful to me. Thank you for share the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The centrifugal juicer employs a high speed cutting plate and basket that cuts up the produce and flicks the juice out of the pulp, a simple system and these machines can come with a huge feed tube that swallows up the produce. Slow juicers

    ReplyDelete