Monday, October 28, 2013

Cold Weather Soup

Mondays are gym night for me, so I often shy away from cooking much more than a few chicken breasts to top a salad. Today is cold and dark out (we're expecting rain) so a big pot of warm silky soup would really hit the spot. Which reminds me, I've been eyeing these soup bowls and napkins for our table. Is there anything more comforting than a pot of soup simmering away on the stove? What other cold weather foods make you feel warm and toasty? A few more bone-warming soup ideas below.

The most perfect potato soup.

Camille's take on chicken tortilla soup.

I love lentils, especially this red lentil soup topped with olives and feta for a Mediterranean spin. 

I made this tomato soup a few days ago,topped with the Gruyere grilled cheese croutons It may be my favorite Ina recipe!

or a big pot of this chicken and barley soup.


image via Food and Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment